Friday, July 23, 2010

It's been a while

So, this blog was meant to be for my business.  But, my business has undergone a HUGE change...in that I have had to close my store front.  Economic conditions notwithstanding, (which is the MAIN reason I closed the store) I was EXHAUSTED!  Mentally, physically and spiritually EXHAUSTED!  So, it's been about 6 weeks since the closing and I am FINALLY getting a grip on life again.

I am appreciating the mommy moments that I had been missing.  I am settling into a new life as a stay-at-home mom and part time artist.  I am renewing my place as CEO of our household.  I'm left feeling frustrated that I couldn't make the store work.  Not guilty, not disappointed, just frustrated and maybe a little sad.

I don't miss difficult customers, I don't miss being tied to something outside my family 7 days a week, I don't miss stressing about paying the bills, because, there was NEVER enough to do that.  I do miss the people though.  So, even in this blog I am going to be changing.  It will be a place for me to post about my adventures in the art world and a place for me to post funny stories about my family.

Art update:  I won't be able to get a whole lot done until the kids go back to school BUT I have some new molds and some new equipment that is WAAAAAY fun to play with and I'll be creating some great things.  I signed up for my first craft event and I'm looking forward to showing people what it is I'm doing now!

Funny family story....

Hubby, Matt, and I are not the most "grown up" of parents.  We both have a serious childish streak in us and encourage play in our home.  We were having family dinner a couple of weeks ago and our 16 year old daughter, who loves to horseplay with her 11 year old brother, decided it would be a good time to wet-willy him.  Well...some willies were exchanged and things settled down...we kept eating as I had put the brakes on the horseplay in a moment of responsibility.

SO, poor unsuspecting 11 year old was eating happily away and big sister thought she would get a rise out of him by taunting him with a hovering wet finger...only thing is, he didn't NOTICE!!!  So, in a moment of frustration, she says "Carson, look how close..." and as he turns to listen to her...he POKES HIMSELF IN THE EYE WITH HER FINGER!  No joke...had to be there.  I laughed nearly as hard as I have in the last six months (after making sure he wasn't seriously damaged of course).  Aahhh..the beauties of having blond children...


So, as the days go on and my life gains new rhythm, I shall remember to write down the fun stuff...'cause well, like most busy moms in the middle of life...when I sleep...I forget stuff!  More to come later...I think I need to go play with some glass!

No comments:

Post a Comment